Henry Dropsy (1885-1969) European
Henry Dropsy was a pupil of his father Jean-Baptiste Emile Dropsy (1848 – 1923) then of Gabriel-Jules Thomas, Jean-Antoine Injalbert, Frédéric de Vernon, and Henri-Auguste-Jules Patey. In 1908 he was awarded the second Grand Prix de Rome for engraving in medals. In 1911 he graduated from the École des Beaux-Arts in Paris .
In 1914 he was a silver medal and in 1921 a gold medalist at the Salon of French artists . A travel grant was awarded to him in 1922, which allowed him to stay in Italy, Tunisia, and Algeria. In 1929, he received the medal of honor at the Salon of French artists.
From 1930 and for many years thereafter he held the post of professor of engraving in medals at the National School of Fine Arts, and in 1948-1949 he was a lecturer at the School of Fine Arts in Cairo. On January 17, 1942 he was elected member of the Academy of Fine Arts.
He died in Veneux-Les Sablons on November 2 , 1969.